Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home Sweet Temporary Home

Teo and I slept in this morning and took a leisurely drive up to Walla Walla. Heck, a drive of a little over 200 miles, over less than 3.5 hours, was a walk in the park - the engine barely got warmed up.

Southern Idaho and Ontario, OR are definitely in the high plains, you can barely see mountains in the far distance. However, as I headed out of Ontario, I started climbing, and climbing, and was in the middle of some beautiful mountains again pretty quickly. The entire drive up the northeast of Oregon was in and out of mountains, through long valleys, then right over the top of the Blue Mountains, descending a 6% grade for over 6 miles to Pendleton, OR (yup, home of the famous Pendleton woolen mills). I left the freeway there and wandered north into Washington and the condo Key Tech had rented for me.

This is a gorgeous condo, and it will be perfect for me and Teo for the next month. The downstairs is small but one huge great room of about 30 feet by 15 feet. Half of that is kitchen, with a table for two, fully equipped kitchen with all appliances (including coffee maker and coffee), with a high counter facing the living room and three bar stools.The downstairs is ideal for weekend getaway place, or for one person living for a month. Oh yes, there is also a half-bath, so I don't have to run upstairs.

The upstairs has two bedrooms - one with twin beds and the other a queen. The bath is compact, but fully equipped. Across the hall from it is a washer and dryer, compete with laundry soap. I'm in absolutely great shape for the next month until I can move into the house on Boyer Avenue.

We're halfway to my desired Super Bowl - the Colts beat the Jets and now we just need to Vikings to beat the Saints.

No comments: